Ulysses 21 adds revision mode to iOS (including our advanced grammar and style check) and adapts the app to the new design concepts in iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur.
Revision Mode (iOS)
Revision mode was conceived for focused text review and gathers the user’s own annotations and comments as well as Ulysses’ grammar and style suggestions in one spot. It also hides unnecessary features, dims the editor theme, and highlights annotations and suggestions.
Grammar & Style Check (iOS)
Ulysses’ advanced grammar and style check is now available on iPad and iPhone. It offers informed suggestions in categories such as capitalization, punctuation, semantics, redundancy, typography, and style, and is available in over 20 languages.
Ready for iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur
The app interface has been refreshed across the board to leverage the look-and-feel of Apple’s new operating systems iOS 14 and macOS Big Sur.
New Default Editor Theme: D21
D21 is a clean, simple, classic theme with a monochrome basis. Highlight, deletions etc. apply common colors for such tasks, like yellow and red, based on the operating system’s palette.
New App Icon
The Ulysses icon received a makeover to account for the new design standards under macOS Big Sur and reflect the idea of Ulysses as one unified writing tool.
V21 for iOS
RELEASED October 6, 2020
- Sheet ordering could become lost on rarely used devices
- Fixed a bug where version history was not correctly preserved
V21 for macOS
RELEASED November 11, 2020
- Revision mode now has a dedicated view outside the dashboard.
- Revision mode has also been updated and refined based on user feedback.
- Introducing “editor focus”; a new mode that hides all chrome and presents sidebars as overlays.
- Sheet ordering could become lost on rarely used devices.
- Fixed a bug where version history was not correctly preserved.
- Fixed incorrect highlight of search matches in sheet list.
V21.1 for iOS
RELEASED OCTOBER 20, 2020
- Spelling suggestions now correctly recognise British English (blimey, how could we miss this!)
- Optimized the app for the new iPhone screen sizes
- Solved an issue that prevented adding a new publishing accounts
- Entries in the goal history can now be deleted again
- Fixed incorrect spelling suggestions in words with diacritics
- Improved accessibility of pulldown menus on iOS 13
- Fixed a crash when using password protection on iPad
- Fixed a crash activating a student subscription
- Lots of minor tweaks and improvements of revision mode
V21.1 for iMac
RELEASED OCTOBER 23, 2020
- The new D21 theme should now appear for all users.
- Scrolling in theme and style preferences now works on macOS 10.14.
- Export preview is no longer truncated on macOS 10.14.
- Revision mode now works more reliably with no internet connectivity or when editing multiple sheets.
- Fixed a crash when trying to add a goal for Markdown sheets.