Ulysses 22 expands and improves the app’s publishing capabilities. Additionally, you get new options to customize the visual appearance of your writing environment.
Ulysses does not only offer a focused and pleasant writing environment — you can also publish your texts conveniently from within the app to various blogging platforms. Say hello to a new member in the publishing family: Micro.blog.
WordPress Post Updating
The new Ulysses version also improves publishing to WordPress: You can now update previously published posts from within Ulysses — for example, to fix typos after an article has already gone live.
Color-Customizable Group Icons
Ulysses lets you determine what you want your writing environment to look like. The new version gives you even more freedom: You now have the option to choose colors for your group icons.
You can now display headings in a larger size in the editor to make them easier to distinguish from the rest of the text. This is now a setting of the editor theme, where the heading size can be fine-tuned.
- We revamped the look & feel of several panels, e.g., you can now type to filter in the markup and the navigation panel.
- Ulysses 22 ships with a new default theme that has larger headings in place: D22.
- The “New Sheet” button returned to the sheet list.
- Ulysses now remembers your last scroll position when switching between sheets.
- On iPad, double-tapping a sheet in the sheet list now opens the sheet instantly for editing.
- On iPad, we also added a setting to keep the editor active when switching between sheets.
Released March 22, 2021
- The shortcut ⌘9 now opens the markup panel
- The shortcut ⇧⌘D now takes you to Favorites.
- Added the system font “New York” to font selection.
- The Quick Export panel now closes automatically after export has finished.
- Typewriter Mode was reworked to fit better with large images and headings.
- The WordPress preview was updated to the new Twenty Twenty-One theme.
- Improved the compatibility with gallery plugins under WordPress 5.
- When publishing HTML posts to WordPress, the syntax for code blocks is now set correctly.
- Improved performance when switching between Ulysses and other apps.
- Improved VoiceOver support in various parts of the app.
- Fixed a couple of bugs that could cause display errors when editing block quotes or bookmarks.
- Numerous small bug fixes and improvements.
RELEASED APRIL 6, 2021
- Fixed a spurious error message shown when saving sheets.
- Fixed a crash when adding older Micro.blog accounts.
- Fixed a crash when using the keyword manager with hundreds of keywords.
- Fixed a bug where the account overview appeared empty on iPad.
- Fixed a crash when using Scribble or dictation in Typewriter Mode.