Ulysses 20 introduces the dashboard — a sidebar that serves as a statistics panel, a navigator, a comments section, a media overview, and an advanced multilingual text-, style- and grammar checker.
Grammar and Style Check (Mac)
Ulysses’ comprehensive grammar- and style check is available in over 20 languages and provides informed suggestions in categories such as capitalization, punctuation, semantics, redundancy, typography, and style.
The new dashboard offers convenient access to all information relevant to the text. You can attach keywords, writing goals and notes, review your text’s structure, get an overview of footnotes and embedded images, and much more.
Part of the new dashboard is an improved outline navigator, which allows users to examine their text’s structure and navigate directly to elements like headings, links, annotations etc. On iPad and iPhone, outline navigation is entirely new.
Revision Mode (Mac)
There’s a dedicated revision mode within the dashboard that combines in-text annotations, the system’s spell check, and the advanced grammar and style check.
V20.2RELEASED July 30, 2020
- Improved import of HTML and DOCX files.
- Improved preview texts of navigation items in the dashboard.
- You can now drag text to the dashboard to create new notes.
- Fixed dashboard layout when scroll bars are always visible.
- Fixed problems when checking long texts.
- Spelling suggestions will no longer offer huge numbers of options.
- Fixed various of crashes.
- Reordering of sheets using drag & drop works as expected again.
- iPad: Added shortcuts ⌃⌘←/→ to navigate between dashboard views.
- Improved display of navigation items in the dashboard.
- Fixed various crashes, e.g. when moving the app to the background.
RELEASED JULY 21, 2020
- This update fixes a few stability issues that snuck into the previous version.
RELEASED JULY 14, 2020
- Modernized keyboard menus for adding tags and special characters
- Addressed stability issues on iOS 14 and iPadOS 14