The iOS 13 update: Ulysses 18 adds full support for iOS 13 and iPadOS.
System Dark Mode (iOS)
Ulysses supports the new iOS 13 Dark Mode. You don’t need to activate Dark Mode from inside the app anymore – instead, Ulysses will honor your global preference and also react to the new scheduled appearance switch (e.g. Light until sunset).
iPadOS Multitasking (iOS)
You can now work with multiple instances of Ulysses in Fullscreen, Split View and Slide Over.
iOS 13 and iPadOS Finetuning (iOS)
We added context menus to the library and the sheet table as well as full integration with the new Shortcuts app. On iPad, there’s now a quick edit mode in the sheet table: hold command or shift while tapping a sheet. Last but not least, we added iOS 13 styled icons throughout the interface.
Ulysses Files in External Folders
We now let you save Ulysses files in external folders (though on iOS only in Dropbox).No more compromising in functionality: Make use of Markdown XL, attachments, writing goals etc. as you see fit. And you can sync your Ulysses sheets through Dropbox!
V18.3RELEASED OCTOBER 11, 2019
- Improved compatibility with macOS 10.15 Catalina.
- Fixed shortcuts to paste text as Markdown or plain text.
- Fixed a problem that prevented the “What’s New” window from being closed.
- Editing keyword filters no longer crashes. (Sorry!)
- On iOS 13, you can now move the insertion point by dragging it.
- Fixed selecting words and sentences using double- and triple-tap.
- Fixed editor margins in landscape orientation on iPhone.
- Fixed various user interface glitches on iOS 13.
- Fixed a crash when rearranging keywords.
RELEASED OCTOBER 4, 2019
- Fixes a crash when editing categories and tags in WordPress publishing.
RELEASED OCTOBER 2, 2019
- Fixed scrolling issue in editor
- Fixed crash when dragging keywords to favorites
- Fixed a bunch of other minor problems and bugs
V18RELEASED September 30, 2019
- Added search to group icons
- Styles and themes can now be added to Ulysses via an “Install” button on our website.
- VoiceOver support has been improved.
- Keywords can now be reordered via Drag and Drop.
- Added Command-↑/↓ to quickly navigate to the beginning/end of the sheet list
- Added compatibility with Voice Control for increased accessibility
- Keywords can now be dragged between keyword fields and the keyword manager.
- Added moving sheets and groups using copy and paste shortcuts
- Improved first launch experience to make it easier for new users to get to know the app
- Fixed toggling sheet search via Touch Bar